Hem SAQ Forum SAQ Transmissions 2024-12-24 Reception Reports

• Skapare
    Ämne
  • #10521 Svara
    Roman
    Gäst

Reception in JN48MM (Tuebingen, Germany) was good with approx. 15 dB SNR

Antenna: Mini-whip
    Converter: SO42P (https://dl3tu.wordpress.com/2022/12/18/home-made-vlf-converter/)
    Receiver: Elecraft K3
    Decoder: Brain 🙂

Thanks for all your work in keeping the transmitter operational!
    73, mx & hny,
    Roman – DL3TU

Visar 2 svarstrådar
  • Författare
    Svar
    • #10589 Svara
      Gerhard Wiche
      Gäst

Hello Axel, where exists an exactly transmitting plan from SAQ ? I missed this transmission. All the best for new year 2024

• #10594 Svara
        AlexanderSAQ
        Keymaster

Gerhard;
        There is no exact transmission plan for SAQ but we always announce each transmission on our website and in our newsletter.
        You can sign up to the newsletter here: https://alexander.n.se/en/subscribe/

Fredrik / Alexander assocation

• #10523 Svara
      KI6R
      Deltagare

No copy near Tucson Arizona. Used both a home built high-Q ferrite rod and active amplifier and the AMRAD active whip to a Flex-6600 receiver. Heard FUE on 68.5, Kerlouan FR for the first time so conditions were fairly good. Lightening crashes were occurring from storms in the SE U.S.
      The on-line video of the machine start-up was fascinating. Thank you for making this available. I will recommend the video to our local radio club members.
      Lastly, I noticed the CW send speed was 13 words per minute or so. Weak signal VLF reception is greatly aided if the CW is sent very slowly. This is due to the audio ringing of very narrow IF and audio filtering. If possible, I recommend sending the VVV SAQ SAQ SAQ during the warm up a few times very slowly, perhaps 4 WPM. This will enable the filter ringing to stop, thus bringing the CW out of the noise for very weak signal copy. I’m not sure if the machine is capable of very slow CW. Perhaps the contactors or speed control cannot accommodate.
      Thank you for maintaining and bringing the spectacular SAQ machine-transmitter back on-the-air. 73, Ed, KI6R Tucson, AZ

• #10522 Svara
      Axel Rump
      Deltagare

Hello,

Very good reception again today in Wittenburg (Germany). Locator: JO53MM

Receiver: selective level meter “Wandel & Goltermann SPM-3”
      Antenna: 15 meter long wire
      RST 477
      Decoder: fldigi and CwGet

Many thanks to the SAQ team!!!

Axel

Visar 2 svarstrådar
Svar till: 2024-12-24 Reception Reports
Information om dig:

Subscribe!

Be the first to know about upcoming SAQ transmissions by subscribing to our newsletter.

No, thanks!