- Detta ämne har 40 svar, 8 deltagare, och uppdaterades senast för 1 år, 1 månad sedan av aminox86.
- 1 juli, 2020 kl. 11:10#8117
- 27 juli, 2020 kl. 20:45 #8248aminox86Gäst
Had a very good reception on July 5, 2020 at 14:00 in the city center of Mannheim, SW Germany. But have a look for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aykap2di4oA
- 6 juli, 2020 kl. 12:29 #8229Sanyi, HA3PGGäst
Thanks to the SAQ Team, it was an interesting experiment listening to the 100 years old machine, generating RF (or should I call it AF?) signal. Details in a few words below.
– QTH: Pecs, Hungary, Maidenhead grid JN96DB
– RX: MSi.SDR (later RSP1A in the afternoon) + converter to 10MHz built with an SA612 and modest front LPF to cut LF, MF and above
– ANT: Miniwhip (the classical circuit with J310 + 2N5109) at about 8m height on a pine tree, 10-12m away from the house, proper CMC filtering and grounding on about 40m length of 75 Ohm coax
– Signal: 599+ both morning and afternoon transmissions, I did not check exact level but definitely very strong and solid signal in spite of some digital QRM on the frequency
I also tried without the converter and any front filtering in the afternoon. The RX was suffering from strong IMD but still solid copy at about 579/589.
A short 1 min capture can be checked here:
Once again, thanks to all members of the SAQ staff, 73 and stay healthy, old boys.
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 23:28 #8197Manuel LausmannDeltagare
SAQ with SDRPLAY DX
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 19:32 #8193DL7PVGäst
I received both transmissions in Berlin with 10 dB S/N
RX Elad SW2 and an aktive Vertical 1m
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 18:49 #8191Felix PopaDeltagare
Hi! In Romania, second transmission
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 17:42 #8189StefanoGäst
Good reception near Lugano, south of Switzerland.
Thank you for keeping this exciting piece of history running. My receiver is a Colin B. Kennedy Mod.110 from 1921.
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 17:34 #8187strong windGäst
Received the signal of a radio station in the Republic of Belarus
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 16:59 #8186Christian RauschGäst
Good reception here south of Munich.
Thanks for the transmission!
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 16:49 #8183Axel RumpDeltagare
Also here in Germany (Wittenburg, JO53MM)
very good signal today.
Receiver: Russian R-326 with Up-Converter
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 16:29 #8178Wolfgang SprodofskyGäst
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen
I have received your Transmission today (05.07.2020) at 9 UTC with RST 589 with slight QRN on 17,2kHz on my QTH 13507 Berlin , loc: JO62PN .
Also I received it at 12 UTC with the same result.
My Hardware for your Station:
Ant : End-Fed 24m grounded with many burried radials
VLF-Converter : (0…600)kHz —> (2000…2600)kHz with Tubes , Home-made
TRX : FT991A , Mode CW , BW: 150 Hz
Decoder-SW : CW-Get
vy 73 es 55 de Wolfgang , DM2SP
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 15:46 #8176Rabbe FogelholmGäst
Outdoor at the highest point of Sollentuna, Sweden, JO89xk, listening for the early transmission. RST 459 with 30 m wire laid out on the ground (lacking usable shrubs) and Windows laptop with SAQrx. And luckily the rain did not start until just after
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 15:14 #8175Marco Cadeddu [IK1HSS]Gäst
Dear SAQ team,
thanks a lot for the renewed pathos to hear again SAQ even in this period!
FB signals in both transmissions and tune up periods 599 aural copy from an E-Probe into an UMC202 audio board and SpectrumLab: up to 25dB (S+N)/N in the SL waterfall.
HRD in Turin urban city (JN35TB).
Hope you keep in good health and to be able to copy you next time
73 Marco IK1HSS
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 14:57 #8173Davide BorroniGäst
Good signal even after lunch in italy, with my rx Teletron TE 712S. 73s
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 14:56 #8172Gudmund SM3BYAGäst
Second transmission at 1200 UTC received just as FB as the first. (S+N)/N about 15 dB above noise in 500 Hz BW. Keep up the good work!
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 14:33 #8168
Very good, 32 dBµV signal in Padua Italy
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 14:32 #8167Alexander LaimerDeltagare
Very good reception in Lana, Nord Italy.
Antenna is Windom Antenna for 160m ham Band. Receiver is a TELEFUNKEN ELK 639.
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 14:29 #8166
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 14:22 #8164
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 14:20 #8163Arnold GoksøyrGäst
I heard you clearly at 2 o’clock today, but the signal was faint, only RST 449. This was probably because of my new, but a bit unfinished frame antenna. My vintage Atalanta tube receiver also need some adjustments. Best regards, Arnold Goksøyr / LA6RPA Norway
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 14:08 #8160SQ7AYZ PiotrGäst
Received at S3 REDIFON 10-200Khz VLF Receiver, antenna 10m vertical wire. Locator my QTH JO91PT
SQ7AYZ / Piotr
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 12:50 #8159Juha, OH8CWGäst
Trying to come up with the video ..
Very good reception in Oulu, Finland. Here is a video. Used SAQ program in a laptop. Antenna is 19m GP for 80m ham band. Receiver is a Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD, 192kHz sampling. Video was recorded using a cellphone on a tripod.
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 12:47 #8158
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 12:42 #8157OZ4GD / PerGäst
Heard your signal fine with my built-in PC sound card, and a 10m long piece of wire, at locator JO65AN.
OZ4GD / Per
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 12:16 #8155Davide BorroniGäst
Veri good signal in North Italy, with my Siemens E 401. 73s
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 12:02 #8149John LeachGäst
Received at S4 in West London, at QTH of G7OXK. Long wire antenna with SDRPlay RSP2 and SDRuno.
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 11:49 #8148Markus LemkeGäst
Hey that was working quite good for this old receiver concept. Heard you not too loud, would give you 459 RST. Had quite some noise here despite I was in the garden, away from the house. The FSK transmitter at 18 kHz is much stronger here, which makes reception more difficult.
I highly appreciate the V-V-V SAQ loop at the beginning, this gives me a chance to tune my receiver. Tuning an old tube receiver costs some time – you know that.
looking forward to receive the 2nd message as well and hope that the signal will maybe a bit stronger here then.
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 11:41 #8146Davide BorroniGäst
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 11:39 #8145AndreasGäst
RST 529 Aktiv Antenne ich 7300 & Converter
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 11:37 #8144Alexander HahnDeltagare
very good signal here today. I was able to decode allmost all.
Signal was -80dB RST 579 in JN49ea, karlsruhe, Germany.
SDR: RFSPACE SDRIQ
Software: SDR console
Cable: H100/25 mtrs.
Antenna: Grahn active magnetic antenna, ferrite module
cq cq de saq saq saq = this is grimeton radio/saq in a transmission using the alexanderson 200 kw alternator on 17.2 khz. = in view of the present pandemic covid-19 we want to pay tribute to all parties concerned with the care (…) knowing that the efforts will pay effect eventually = signed: world heritage grimeton radio station and the alexander grimeton veteranradios vaenner association AR = for qsl info please read our website: https://www.alexander.n.se = AR de saq saq saq
Thank you for your effort, vy 73 and stay healthy!
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 11:34 #8143Gudmund WannbergGäst
Always a joy to hear the old lady starting up! First signals heard at 0843 UTC (long dash), then VVV de SAQ from 0845 until 0859 and then the msg with the kind recognition of all health workers everywhere…
Your signals were about 15 dB above the background in 500 Hz BW throughout in JP81nx. Some of the background was your own backwave, which was quite weak today but plainly audible. There was another strong VLF station on the frequency initially, but thankfully it stopped a few minutes before you started tuning up.
Equipment: 1 m long vertical E-field probe antenna => homemade upconverter 17.2 / 3467.2 => Drake R-4C
73, thanks and keep safe!
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 10:23 #8142Andreas, DL4SDCGäst
Maybe the staff can explain a little about the technical details (cooling, motor start and speed control, …) in English while starting up the alternator.
I’m looking forward to a good reception.
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 10:00 #8141Gabriele SommaGäst
I will try to listen to you from Italy, precisely the province of Salerno
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 07:34 #8140
Best of luck James. Looking forward to your report.
Fredrik / AlexanderSAQ
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 06:31 #8139James LicariGäst
Will be listening for you in the morning! Best of luck!
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 06:11 #8138
Exiting to hear about your tube receiver and all luck to you today. Looking forward to receiving your report.
Fredrik / AlexanderSAQ
- 5 juli, 2020 kl. 00:16 #8137MarkDeltagare
Dear SAQ Team,
will try to receive your signal with my homebrew VLF tube receiver with battery tubes – concept from 1919 book “Vacuum Tubes in Wireless Communication”
Hope to hear you tomorrow !